Place:


Horham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horham like this:

HORHAM, a village and a parish in Hoxne district, Suffolk. The village stands 4½ miles ESE of Eye r. station, and 14 SW of Bungay; and has a post office under Wickham-Market. The parish comprises 1, 433 acres. Real property, £2, 987. Pop., 396. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. ...


The manor belongs to Sir E.Kerrison, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £452.* Patron, the Rev. E. H. Frere. The church is good; has an embattled tower: and contains an ancient oak pulpit, and a font with ancient oak cover. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school and charities £10.

Horham through time

Horham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7300

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horham ".