Place:


Hepworth  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hepworth like this:

HEPWORTH, a village and a parish in the district of Thetford and county of Suffolk. The village stands 3½ miles SW of the Little Ouse river at the boundary with Norfolk, 5 NE of Ixworth, and 8 NW by W of Finningham r. station; and has a post office under Scole. The parish comprises 1, 677 acres. ...


Real property, £3, 504. Pop., 594. Houses, 138. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £498.* Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church is good, and has an embattled tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £66.

Hepworth through time

Hepworth is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hepworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hepworth, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7282

Date accessed: 28th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hepworth ".