Place:


Harleston  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harleston like this:

HARLESTON, a parish in Stow district, Suffolk; 2¾ miles NW of Stowmarket r. station. Post-town, Stowmarket. Acres, 615. Real property, £981. Pop., 65. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R. Pettiward, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £175. Patron, R. Pettiward, Esq. The church is of flint, and good.

Harleston through time

Harleston is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harleston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harleston in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7249

Date accessed: 19th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Harleston".