Place:


Awsworth  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Awsworth like this:

AWSWORTH, a chapelry in Nuthall parish, Notts; 3½ miles W of Bulwell r. station, and 6 NW of Nottingham. Post Town, Bulwell under Nottingham. Rated property, £900. Pop., 294. The property is subdivided. Most of the inhabitants are colliers or stocking weavers. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £101.* Patron, the rector of Nuthall. The church is modern. There is a P. Methodist chapel.

Awsworth through time

Awsworth is now part of Broxtowe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broxtowe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Awsworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Awsworth, in Broxtowe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7234

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Awsworth ".