Place:


Great Glemham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Glemham like this:

GLEMHAM (Great), a parish in Plomesgate district Suffolk; 2½ miles ENE of Parham r. station, and 4 WSW of Saxmundham. Post town, Little Glemham, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 910. Real property, £2, 821. Pop., 354. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Little Glemham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has an embattled tower, and is good. There are church lands, with £25.

Great Glemham through time

Great Glemham is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Glemham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Glemham in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7232

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Glemham ".