Place:


Askham  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Askham like this:

ASKHAM, a parish in East Retford district, Notts; 3 miles WNW of Tuxford r. station, and 4½ SE of East Retford. It includes the hamlet of Rockley; and its Post Town is Tuxford under Newark. Acres, 1,302. Real property, £2,337. Pop., 287. Houses, 69. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £243. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. Charities, £22.

Askham through time

Askham is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Askham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Askham, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7221

Date accessed: 20th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Askham ".