Place:


Flempton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flempton like this:

FLEMPTON, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; on the river Lark, 3 miles N of Saxham r. station, and 5 NW of Bury St. Edmunds. It has a post office under Bury St. Edmunds. Acres, 789. Real property, £1, 641. S Pop., 190. Houses, 40. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Hengrave, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £398.* Patron, the Rev. W. R. . Bain. The church is very good: and there are charities £10.

Flempton through time

Flempton is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flempton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flempton, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7188

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flempton ".