Place:


Easton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easton like this:

EASTON, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Deben, 2 miles SW of Parham r. station, and 2¾ NW by N of Wickham-Market. It has a post office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1, 462. Real property, £2, 588. Pop., 400. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. Easton Park was formerly the seat of the Earls of Rochford, and the Wingfields; and is now a seat of the Duke of Hamilton. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £242. - Patron, the Duke of Hamilton. The church has an embattled tower; contains two ancient brasses; and is very good.

Easton through time

Easton is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easton in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7133

Date accessed: 17th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easton ".