Place:


North Cove  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cove like this:

COVE (North), a parish in Wangford district, Suffolk; on the Lowestoft railway, adjacent to the river Waveney, 2 miles ESE of Beccles. Post town, Beccles. Acres, 1, 242. Real property, £1, 783. Pop., 200. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. Cove Hall is an ancient edifice, and commands an extensive view. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Willingham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £353. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient and good. Charities, £5.

North Cove through time

North Cove is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Cove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cove, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7103

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Cove ".