Place:


Brampton  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brampton like this:

BRAMPTON, a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the East Suffolk railway, 4½ miles NE by N of Halesworth. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Great Redisham, under Halesworth. Acres, 2,002. Real property, £3,316. Pop., 310. Houses, 66. Brampton Hall is the seat of the Rev. G. O. Leman. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £434.* Patron, the Rev. G. O. Leman. The church is good, and there are town lands £42.

Brampton through time

Brampton is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brampton, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7056

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brampton ".