Place:


Bradfield Combust  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradfield Combust like this:

BRADFIELD-COMBUST, or Burnt-Bradfield, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 5½ miles SSW of Thurston r. station, and 5½ SSE of Bury-St. Edmunds. Post Town, Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 818. Real property, £1,424. Pop., 173. Houses, 38. The property is subdivided. Bradfield Hall was the seat of Arthur Young, the writer on agriculture. An edifice belonging to Bury Abbey, stood in the parish, and was burned in 1327. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev. H. Hasted. The church was restored in 1869.

Bradfield Combust through time

Bradfield Combust is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradfield Combust itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradfield Combust, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7047

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradfield Combust ".