Place:


Badley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Badley like this:

BADLEY, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; near the river Gipping, 2 miles WNW of Needham-Market r. station. Post Town, Needham-Market. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1,430. Pop., 70. Houses, 15. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £40. Patron, the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is good.

Badley through time

Badley is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Badley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Badley in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7008

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Badley ".