Place:


Wrabness  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wrabness like this:

WRABNESS, a parish, with a r. station, in Tendring district, Essex; on the Harwich railway and on the river Stour, 5¼ miles W of Harwich. It has a postal pillar-box under Manningtree. Acres, 1,491; of which 415 are water. Real property, £2,758. Pop., 226. Houses, 53. The manor belongs to E. W. Garland , Esq. W. Hall is the seat of the Richardsons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £320.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is plain. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Wrabness through time

Wrabness is now part of Tendring district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tendring has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wrabness itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wrabness, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6987

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wrabness ".