Place:


Theydon Mount  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Theydon Mount like this:

THOYDON-MOUNT, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; 2¾ miles SE of Epping r. station. Post town, Epping. Acres, 1,500. Real property, £2,586. Pop., 154. Houses, 36. Hill Hall is the seat of Sir W. B. Smijth, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to Stapleford-Tawney The church is good.

Theydon Mount through time

Theydon Mount is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Theydon Mount itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Theydon Mount, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6934

Date accessed: 30th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Theydon Mount ".