Place:


Little Tey  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Tey like this:

TEY (Little), a parish in Lexden district, Essex; 2 miles W by S of Marks-Tey Junction, and 2¾ E by N of Coggeshall. Post town, Kelvedon. Acres, 486. Real property, £1,028. Pop., 63. Houses, 13. The property is subdivided The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £122.* Patron, the Bishop of R. The church is tolerable.

Little Tey through time

Little Tey is now part of Colchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Colchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Tey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Tey, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6929

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Tey ".