Place:


Berners Roding  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Berners Roding like this:

ROOTHING-BERNERS, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, 6 miles N E by N of Ongar r. station. Post-town, Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1, 492. Pop., 94. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £63. Patron, S. W. Bramston, Esq. The church is tolerable.

Berners Roding through time

Berners Roding is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Berners Roding itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Berners Roding, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6880

Date accessed: 30th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Berners Roding ".