Place:


Beauchamp Roding  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beauchamp Roding like this:

ROOTHING-BEAUCHAMP, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, 4½ miles N N E of Ongar r. station. It includes part of the hamlet of Birds-Green; and its post town is Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 1, 311. Real property, with the rest of Birds-Green, £1, 761. Pop., 226. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £244.* Patron, the Rev. W. Bond. The church is good.

Beauchamp Roding through time

Beauchamp Roding is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beauchamp Roding itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beauchamp Roding, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6879

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beauchamp Roding ".