Place:


Little Parndon  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Parndon like this:

PARNDON (Little), a parish in Epping district, Essex; on the river Stort and on the Eastern Counties railway, at the boundary with Cambridgeshire, 1 mile W S W of Burnt-Mill r. station, and 1½ N by E of Great Parndon village. Post-town, Harlow. Acres, 534. Real property, £977. Pop., 71. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £245.* Patron, Loftus Wigram Arkwright, Esq. The church is good.

Little Parndon through time

Little Parndon is now part of Harlow district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harlow has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Parndon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Parndon, in Harlow and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6855

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Parndon ".