Place:


Beaumont  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beaumont like this:

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; near the head of an inlet of the North sea, between the Naze and Harwich, 4½ miles S of Wrabness r. station, and 10 E of Colchester. It has a post office, of the name of Beaumont, under Colchester. Acres, 3,261; of which 215 are water. Real property, £4,349. Pop., 490. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. Beaumont Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £652.* Patron, Wadham College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Beaumont through time

Beaumont is now part of Tendring district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tendring has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beaumont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beaumont, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6816

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beaumont ".