Place:


Martletwy  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Martletwy like this:

MARTLETWY, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the E sido of Milford haven, 5 miles SW of Narberth, and 6 SE by E of Haverfordwest r. station. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 3,551; of which 200 are water. Real property, £3,857; of which £1,470 are in mines. Pop. in 1851,829; in 1861,703. Houses, 157. The decrease of pop. was caused by reduction of employment in collieries. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. V alue, £100. Patron, the Hon. Capt. Greville. The church is good.

Martletwy through time

Martletwy is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Martletwy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Martletwy in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6749

Date accessed: 09th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Martletwy ".