Place:


East Hanningfield  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Hanningfield like this:

HANNINGFIELD (EAST), a parish in Chelmsford district, Essex; 3½ miles N of the river Crouch, and 6 SE of Chelmsford r. station. Post town, Chelmsford. Acres, 2, 446. Real property, £3, 323. Pop., 453. Houses, 94. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £417.* Patron,Nottidge, Esq. The church is later English; and consists of nave, chancel, and north chapel, with a steeple. Charities, £13.

East Hanningfield through time

East Hanningfield is now part of Chelmsford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chelmsford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Hanningfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Hanningfield, in Chelmsford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6740

Date accessed: 04th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Hanningfield ".