Place:


Feering  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Feering like this:

FEERING, a parish in Witham district, Essex; on the river Blackwater, and on the Eastern Union railway, 2 miles SE of Coggeshall. Post town, Kelvedon. Acres, 3, 230. Real property, £6, 201 . Pop., 804. Houses, 166. The property is much subdivided. A small extent of the land is under hops. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £278.* Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is Tudor, with porch and tower; was recently restored in the interior; and has an antique font, and a finely-carved pulpit.

Feering through time

Feering is now part of Braintree district. Click here for graphs and data of how Braintree has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Feering itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Feering, in Braintree and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6706

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Feering ".