Place:


Easthorpe  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easthorpe like this:

EASTHORPE, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; 1¾ mile S by E of Marks Tey-Junction r. station, and 4 ESE of Coggleshall. Post town, Copford, under Colchester. -Acres, 1, 300. Real property, £1, 543. Pop., 144. Houses, 30. The living. is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £211.* Patron, the Hon. Col. Onslow. The church is good.

Easthorpe through time

Easthorpe is now part of Colchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Colchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easthorpe, in Colchester and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6694

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easthorpe ".