Llantriddyd  Glamorgan


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llantriddyd like this:

LLANTRITHYD, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; 3 miles SE by E of Cowbridge r. station. Posttown, Cowbridge. Acres, 1,391. Real property, £1,574. Pop., 204. Houses, 40. All the property, except one farm, belongs to the Aubreys. The manor was given by Fitz-Hamon to Hywel ab Jestyn; and it had a castle of the latter, which was destroyed in 1151. ...

Llantrithyd Place belonged to successively the Mansels, the Bassets, and the Aubreys; was a Tudor edifice; and is now a ruin. Limestone abounds, and lead is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £240.* Patron, Sir T. D. Aubrey, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Illtyd, contains effigies of a Basset and a Mansel, and is good.

Llantriddyd through time

Llantriddyd is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llantriddyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llantriddyd in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 30th October 2020

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llantriddyd ".