Place:


Llanstadwel  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanstadwel like this:

LLANSTADWELL, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke; on Milford Haven, at a railway terminus, 2 miles NW of Pembroke. It contains the villages of Great Honeyborough, Little Honeyborough, Neyland, Newton, and Waterson; and its Post town is Milford Haven. Acres, 3,971; of which 725 are water. ...


Real property, £4,961. Pop. in 1851; 905; in 1861,1,745. Houses, 327. The increase of pop. arose from the establishment of the railway terminus, and of a steam-packet service station. The property is divided among a few. Newton House, Hayston, and Jordanstown are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David,s. Value, £94. Patron, Lewis Child, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Dudwall, and was reported in 1859 as bad. See MILFORD HAVEN.

Llanstadwel through time

Llanstadwel is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanstadwel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanstadwel in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6629

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanstadwel ".