Place:


Llansanffraid Yn Elfael  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llansanffraid Yn Elfael like this:

LLANSAINTFRAED-IN-ELVEL, a parish in the district of Builth, and county of Radnor; on the river Edw, 4½ miles NE of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 4,000. Real property, £1,833. Pop., 340. Houses, 57. The property is much subdivided. A castle of the Mortimers stood here, and has left some traces. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £171. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church was reported in 1859 as bad. The parish shares in Powell's charity at Brecon.

Llansanffraid Yn Elfael through time

Llansanffraid Yn Elfael is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llansanffraid Yn Elfael itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llansanffraid Yn Elfael, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6622

Date accessed: 17th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llansanffraid Yn Elfael ".