Place:


Childerditch  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Childerditch like this:

CHILDERDITCH, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 2½ miles S by E of Brentwood r. station, and 6 SW of Billericay. Post town, Brentwood. Acres, , 614. Real property, £, 664. Pop., 239. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £160.* Patron, Lord Petre. The church Was reported in 1859 to need repair.

Childerditch through time

Childerditch is now part of Brentwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Brentwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Childerditch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Childerditch, in Brentwood and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6592

Date accessed: 29th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Childerditch ".