Place:


Bobbingworth  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bobbingworth like this:

BOBBINGWORTH, a parish and a subdistrict in Ongar district, Essex. The parish bears also the name of Boringer; and lies 2 ½ miles N W of Ongar r. station, and 5 ½ SE of Harlow. Post Town, Ongar. Acres, 1,628. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 334. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £393.* Patrons, J. A. Houblon andCure, Esqs. The church is good.-The subdistrict contains fifteen parishes. Acres, 47,465. Pop., 5,465. Houses, 1,145.

Bobbingworth through time

Bobbingworth is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bobbingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bobbingworth, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6544

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bobbingworth ".