Place:


Alresford  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alresford like this:

ALRESFORD, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; 5 miles SE of Colchester. It has a post office under Colchester, and a r. station. Acres, 1,583; of which 75 are water. Real property, £2,195. Pop., 248. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £378.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good.

Alresford through time

Alresford is now part of Tendring district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tendring has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alresford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alresford, in Tendring and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6515

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Alresford".