Place:


Llangynog  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangynog like this:

LLANGUNNOCK, or LLANGYNNOG, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; 3 miles S of the South Wales railway, and 6 SW of Carmarthen. Post town, Carmarthen. Acres, 4,879. Real property, £3,883. Pop., 717. Houses, 158. The property is much subdivided. The manor bears the name of Penrin, and belongs to the Morrises of Cwm. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanstephan, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Cynog, and is tolerable. There are an endowed school with £25 ayear, and other charities £11.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangynog, in and Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6460

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangynog".