Place:


Bracebridge  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bracebridge like this:

BRACEBRIDGE, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 2 miles S of Lincoln r. station. Post Town, Lincoln. Acres, 1,482. Real property, £6,373. Pop., 836. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £203.* Patron, Mrs. Bromhead. The county lunatic asylum is here; and a new chapel for it was built in 1869.

Bracebridge through time

Bracebridge is now part of Lincoln district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lincoln has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bracebridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bracebridge, in Lincoln and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/646

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bracebridge ".