Place:


Sutton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON-BY-DOVER, a parish in Eastry district, Kent; 3¾ miles SW of Deal r. station. Post town, Deal. Acres, 1,055. Real property, £1,539. Pop., 141. Houses, 31. A detached portion, called Little Sutton, lies between Ringwould and Ripple. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £107. Patron, the Archbishop. The church was recently repaired.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6428

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".