Place:


Snave  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snave like this:

SNAVE, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; 2¾ miles E of Appledore r. station, and 5 NW of New Romney. Post town, New Romney, under Folkestone. Acres, 1,494. Real property, £3,621. Pop., 97. Houses, 20. The property is much subdivided. The living is annexed to Snargate. The church is good.

Snave through time

Snave is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Snave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snave, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6400

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Snave".