Place:


Snargate  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snargate like this:

SNARGATE, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; 1½ mile SE of Appledore r. station, and 6 WNW of New Romney. Post town, Brookland, under Folkestone. Acres, 1,591. Real property, £3,763. Pop., 71. Houses, 15. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with Snave, in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £230. Patron, the Archbishop ofThe church is early English and good.

Snargate through time

Snargate is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Snargate itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snargate, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6399

Date accessed: 18th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Snargate".