Place:


Pipe and Lyde  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pipe and Lyde like this:

PIPE-CUM-LYDE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 1½ mile S S W of Moreton r. station, and 3 N of Hereford. Post-town, Hereford. Acres, 1, 620. Real property, £2, 108. Pop., 205. Houses, 42. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £260. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is modern, and has a tower with wooden spire. There is a free school.

Pipe and Lyde through time

Pipe and Lyde is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pipe and Lyde itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pipe and Lyde in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6374

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pipe and Lyde ".