Place:


Midley  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Midley like this:

MIDLEY, a parish in Romney Marsh district, Kent; 2¾ miles WSW of New Romney, and 5¾ SE of Appledore r. station. Post town, New Romney, under Folkestone. Acres, 2,153. Real property, £5,785. Pop., 42. Houses, 6. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £129. Patron, Sir J. T. Tyrrell, Bart. There is no church.

Midley through time

Midley is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Midley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Midley, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6277

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Midley".