Place:


Callow  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Callow like this:

CALLOW, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 2 miles E of Tram Inn r. station, and 4 S by W of Hereford. Post Town, Hereford. Acres, 621. Real property, £486. Pop., 137. Houses, 30. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Dewsall, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is tolerable.

Callow through time

Callow is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Callow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Callow in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6232

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Callow ".