Place:


Thruxton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thruxton like this:

THRUXTON, a parish in Andover district, Hants; 2½ miles NNE of Grateley r. station, and 5½ W of Andover. It has a post-office under Andover. Acres, 1,865. Rated property, £1,868. Pop., 247. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to St. John's Hospital, Winchester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £390.* Patron, the Rev. D. Baynes. The church was repaired in 1839. Charities, £17.

Thruxton through time

Thruxton is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thruxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thruxton, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6215

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thruxton".