Place:


Astwick  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Astwick like this:

ASTWICK, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; on the river Ivel, 2½ miles ENE of Arlesey r. station, and 4 N by W of Baldock. Post Town, Arlesey under Baldock. Acres, 570. Real property, £1,117. Pop., 64. Houses, 14. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory annexed to the vicarage of Arlesey, in the diocese of Ely. The church is good.

Astwick through time

Astwick is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Astwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Astwick in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6207

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Astwick ".