Place:


Lupton  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lupton like this:

LUPTON, a township in Kirkby-Lonsdale parish, Westmoreland; near the river Lune, 4 miles NW by N of Kirkby-Lonsdale. It includes the hamlet of Cowbrow. Acres, 3,439. Real property, £2,987. Pop., 229. Houses, 40. Lupton fell is a prominent feature; and Lupton Hall is a chief residence.

Lupton through time

Lupton is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lupton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lupton, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6204

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lupton ".