Place:


Barton Turf  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton Turf like this:

BARTON-TURF, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; 6½ miles SE by S of North Walsham r. station, and 11 NE of Norwich. Post Town, Smallburgh, under Norwich. Acres, 1,599. Real property, £2,643. Pop., 379. Houses, 88. The living is a vicarage, united to the rectory of Irstead, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £360.* Patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The church is good, and has a lofty tower.

Barton Turf through time

Barton Turf is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barton Turf itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton Turf in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6170

Date accessed: 08th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barton Turf ".