Flemingston  Glamorgan


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Flemingston like this:

FLEMINGSTON, or Flimstone, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; near the coast, 3 miles SSE of Cowbridge r. station, and 9¼ SSW of Llantrissant. Post town, Cowbridge. Acres, 672. Real property, £1, 003. Pop., 63. Houses, 10. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to John Fleming, one of the twelve knights who came in with Robert Fitz Hamon, in the time of William Rufus. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £196. Patron, the Earl of Dunraven. The church is good. Edward Williams, the poet, was a native.

Flemingston through time

Flemingston is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Flemingston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Flemingston in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 31st May 2020

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Flemingston ".