Place:


Corhampton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corhampton like this:

CORHAMPTON, a parish in Droxford district, Hants; 4 miles NE of Bishops-Waltham town and r. station. Post town, Exton, under Southampton. Acres, 2, 410. Real property, £1, 634. Pop., 189. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. Corhampton House is a principal residence. Corhampton Down is a meet for the Hambledon hounds. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £39. Patron, J. H.Windham, Esq. The church looks outwardly uninteresting; but has inwardly Saxon characters; and is one of the oldest well-preserved churches in the world. Charities, £44.

Corhampton through time

Corhampton is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corhampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corhampton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6124

Date accessed: 22nd April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Corhampton".