Place:


Horton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horton like this:

HORTON, a township, joined with Peele, in Tarvin parish, Cheshire; 1¼ mile N of Tarvin. Acres, 240. Real property, £619. Pop., 40. Horton House is the seat of W. W. Maddocks, Esq. Peele Hall is the seat of S. Aldersey, Esq.; and is now but a part of the original mansion, built in 1637

Horton through time

Horton is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horton, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6098

Date accessed: 06th July 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horton ".