Place:


Graveley  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Graveley like this:

GRAVELEY, a parish in the district of St. Neots and county of Cambridge; continuous to Hunts, 3½ miles SE of Offord r. station, and 5 NE of St. Neots. It has a post office under Huntingdon. Acres, 1, 558. Real property, £1, 549. Pop., 301. Houses, 59. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £312. * Patron, Jesus' College, mitive Methodist chapel, and charities £48.

Graveley through time

Graveley is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Graveley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Graveley in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6076

Date accessed: 16th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Graveley".