Place:


Brimfield  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brimfield like this:

BRIMFIELD, a village and a parish in the district of Tenbury and county of Hereford. The village stands near the river Teme and the Leominster canal, 1¾ mile E of Wooferton r. station and 5 S by E of Ludlow; and has a post office under Ludlow.—The parish includes also the hamlet of Wyson. ...


Acres, 1,842. Real property, £3,681. Pop., 665. Houses, 131. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £160.* Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is a plain good edifice, with neat modern tower; and there is a dissenting chapel.

Brimfield through time

Brimfield is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brimfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brimfield in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6069

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brimfield".