Place:


Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin like this:

WIGGENHALL-ST. MARY-THE-VIRGIN, a parish, with Saddlebow hamlet, in Downham district, Norfolk; on the river Ouse, 3½ miles NW by N of Watlington r. station, and 4½ SW of Lynn. Post town, Lynn. Acres, 2,807. Real property, £5,332. Pop., 307. Houses, 63. The property is divided chiefly among three. Saddlebow House is the seat of W. H. Allen, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £160.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient. There is a parochial school.

Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin through time

Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6040

Date accessed: 05th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin ".