Place:


Brampton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brampton like this:

BRAMPTON, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, and on the line of the projected railway from Norwich to Cromer, 2 miles SE of Aylsham, and 11 N of Norwich. Post Town, Aylsham, under Norwich. Acres, 521. Real property, £1,260. Pop., 195. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. Some Roman coins, urns, and other antiquities have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £160. Patron, the Rev. H. P. Marsham. The church has a round tower, surmounted by an octagonal lanthern; and is very good.

Brampton through time

Brampton is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brampton, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6000

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brampton ".