Place:


Colemore  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colemore like this:

COLEMORE, or Colmer, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; near Wolmere forest, 5¼ miles S by W of Alton r. station. Post town, Newton-Vallance, under Alton. Acres, 1, 485. Real property, £1, 049. Pop., 151. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly, and commands extensive views. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Priors-Dean, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £550.* Patron, Mrs. Hervey. The church is good. The learned Greaves was a native; and his father was rector.

Colemore through time

Colemore is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colemore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colemore in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5961

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colemore ".