Place:


Barnham Broom  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnham Broom like this:

BARNHAM-BROOM, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 3 miles E of Hardingham r. station, and 5 NNW of Wymondham. It has a post office under Wymondham. Acres, 1,776. Real property, £3,748. Pop., 481. Houses, 110. The property is not much divided. The manor belongs to the Earl of Kimberley. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Bixton and the vicarage of Kimberley, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £604.* Patron, Earl of Kimberley. The church is a neat structure, with an embattled tower, and has a fine screen.

Barnham Broom through time

Barnham Broom is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnham Broom itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnham Broom in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5960

Date accessed: 07th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnham Broom ".